• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

ChatGPT A.I. and solving the "why" in cooking

eugenep

That is a matter of perspective - how many times does any of the aforementioned search engines „gets“ what you want vs. how many times it doesn’t. That has significantly improved of the last few years.

And whether you accept the result as a selective read-out of its database or if you feel you know better … 

• Like 3

Cute :)

Shai: Suggest a few recipes for warming winter dishes with bold flavors, that use up a frozen okra, green chili and either feta and/or green lentils

Chat GPT:

Here are three recipes that make use of the ingredients you mentioned:

Spiced Lentil and Okra Stew:

• Sauté chopped onions and green chili in a large saucepan until softened.
  • Add in diced carrots, diced potatoes, and chopped frozen okra. Cook for a few minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
  • Stir in canned tomatoes, green lentils, and spices such as cumin, coriander, paprika, and turmeric.
  • Add enough water or broth to cover the ingredients, then bring to a boil.
  • Reduce heat and simmer until the lentils and vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
  • Serve the stew hot, topped with crumbled feta cheese.

Feta and Chili Stuffed Okra:

• Cut the stems off of the frozen okra and make a small slit lengthwise in each pod.
  • In a bowl, mix together crumbled feta cheese, chopped green chili, and breadcrumbs.
  • Stuff the mixture into the slits of the okra pods.
  • Heat a little oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and place the stuffed okra pods in the pan.
  • Cook until the okra is heated through and the feta is melted and bubbly, about 5-7 minutes.

Green Lentil and Okra Curry:

• In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat and add chopped onions and green chili. Cook until softened.
  • Stir in spices such as cumin, coriander, garam masala, and turmeric.
  • Add in canned tomatoes, green lentils, and diced potatoes. Cook for a few minutes.
  • Stir in the frozen okra and enough water or broth to cover the ingredients.
  • Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let the curry simmer until the lentils and vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
  • Serve the curry hot with rice or bread.
  • Like 4

~ Shai N.

Forget ChatGPT, I just realized i can achieve close doing a google search for batter fried chicken. Never crossed my mind to use "batter" in the search engine. When i think of batter, i think of a thick smooth bread like coating. 

9 hours ago, FeChef said:

Forget ChatGPT, I just realized i can achieve close doing a google search for batter fried chicken. Never crossed my mind to use "batter" in the search engine. When i think of batter, i think of a thick smooth bread like coating. 

This is proof of the value of ChatGPT!

Without the couple of pages of comments on the answers ChatGPT provided, it may never have occurred for you to search with Batter in the search terms 😀

Go ChatGPT 🙋‍♂️

(I can't find a tongue in cheek emoticon)

Be kind first.

Be nice.

(If you don't know the difference then you need to do some research)

29 minutes ago, Bernie said:

This is proof of the value of ChatGPT!

Without the couple of pages of comments on the answers ChatGPT provided, it may never have occurred for you to search with Batter in the search terms 😀

Go ChatGPT 🙋‍♂️

(I can't find a tongue in cheek emoticon)

Now i just need to figure out the batter technique to achieve squiggley crevasses.

• Haha 1