• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

PLANNING: eGullet Chocolate and Confectionery Workshop 2023

Kerry Beal

It's taken me a while to decide and I'm still a little hesitant - however we have reserved Tomric in Buffalo for May 19, 20 and 21 so I guess I should get over it and start planning.

At least for me it's not going to be the same as previous years as I am still not prepared to go unmasked inside with a bunch of people - so any meals I'll be eating with the group will have to be outside and I'm not sure how we can organize that - but it's something to work on. May can be warm or cold as we have learned in previous years in Niagara. 

I'm going to start with a head count before I start looking at hotel reservations. 

And perhaps suggestions of what topics we might want to consider. I'm not going to be able to bring my entire chocolate room with me as I have in the past in Niagara because I'll have to come across the border but Tomric is pretty well equipped and their new learning center is a joy to behold. 

No idea what cost will be this time around - things have gone up so much since our last kick at the cat. 

So let's start with a head count and start planning from there. 

• Like 7

Ok - lets get this list started

Kerry Beal

lironp

tandemchocoPC

YetiChocolates

curls

chocolot 

patris (I'm making an assumption here)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kerry Beal said:

Ok - lets get this list started

Kerry Beal

lironp

tandemchocoPC

YetiChocolates

curls

chocolot 

patris (I'm making an assumption here)

Assumption correct! Hopefully the weather will cooperate and I can host a gathering on my patio (I am also eschewing indoor dining). Looking forward to it!

• Like 2

Patty

I’ve always wanted to go, but never could make it happen. Biggest problem is finding someone to feed the cats. When more plans are put together, I’m gonna see if I can do it. 

• Like 2

Kerry Beal

lironp

tandemchocoPC

YetiChocolates

curls

chocolot 

patris 

Audrey Brown +1 (Melanie)

alleguede 

tikidoc +1 (maybe Maddie)

Can everyone who wants to come PM me their contact information - name, address, cell number 

Oops - make it e-mail address 

Edited by Kerry Beal (log)

Kerry Beal

lironp

tandemchocoPC

YetiChocolates

curls

chocolot 

patris 

alleguede 

Sue and Jane 

I'm in discussion with the Marriott - apparently it's a rather busy weekend with graduations and some sort of sporting event in Rochester. So we won't be getting the rate we had last time and they are looking at other properties than the Canalside to find a better rate. 

I'll let you know when I know. 

• Thanks 1

Kerry Beal

lironp

tandemchocoPC

YetiChocolates

curls

chocolot 

patris 

alleguede