• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

lironp

YetiChocolates

curls

chocolot 

patris 

alleguede 

tikidoc + Maddie

Sue and Jane 

Anniebakes

Haley +  Brittany

Matcha Wizard - aka Jenna

VistaGardens

Gwbyls

Bernie Mueller

dhardy123

So we've had a large number of last minute drop outs - which will be nice for the workshop end of things - but not so great for the finances as they were based on at least 6 more people.

Two workshops ago I was out a chunk of money when it was all done because I hadn't asked people to pay ahead and there were no shows that didn't let me know they weren't coming. So last workshop I determined that payment had to be ahead and that worked out well when there were an abundance of participants and if they wanted to drop out - they were responsible for selling their spot.

So looking at ways to reduce overall cost.  We had intended to provide breakfast at Tomric - but maybe folks could eat at their hotel before they come and we could just stick to beverages for the morning. 

Welcome any other suggestions. 

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

lironp

YetiChocolates

curls

chocolot 

patris 

alleguede 

tikidoc + Maddie

Sue and Jane 

Anniebakes

kimmiq

Haley + one of Kelsey or Brittany

Matcha Wizard - aka Jenna

VistaGardens

Gwbyls

Bernie Mueller

dhardy123

So we've had a large number of last minute drop outs - which will be nice for the workshop end of things - but not so great for the finances as they were based on at least 6 more people.

Two workshops ago I was out a chunk of money when it was all done because I hadn't asked people to pay ahead and there were no shows that didn't let me know they weren't coming. So last workshop I determined that payment had to be ahead and that worked out well when there were an abundance of participants and if they wanted to drop out - they were responsible for selling their spot.

So looking at ways to reduce overall cost.  We had intended to provide breakfast at Tomric - but maybe folks could eat at their hotel before they come and we could just stick to beverages for the morning. 

Welcome any other suggestions.