• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

2 hours ago, ambra said:

Everyone I know who has been to Paris in the past year has complained about the prices. I have been wondering if they are just choosing wrong. 

I really can't complain, but I'l note that I'd say a 20 - 30% increase across the board (for food) is not uncommon (compared to our last trip, pre-pandemic, in February, 2020). 

Wine prices are probably more stable than food prices, at least when drinking French wines.

weinoo

weinoo

2 hours ago, ambra said:

Everyone I know who has been to Paris in the past year has complained about the prices. I have been wondering if they are just choosing wrong. 

I really can't complain, but I'l note that I'd say a 20 - 30% increase across the board (for food) is not uncommon ( compared to our last trip, pre-pandemic in February, 2020). 

Wine prices are probably more stable than food prices, at least when drinking French wines.

weinoo

weinoo

2 hours ago, ambra said:

I really can't complain,.but I'l note that I'd say a 20 - 30% increase across the board (for food) is not uncommon ( compared to our last trip, pre-pandemic in February, 2020).