• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MaryIsobel

MaryIsobel

Things will change significantly today as one of the reasons that we are here is for my husband to have extensive dental work/dental surgery done. Our dental benefits were clawed back shortly after he retired and it is less than half the cost of having it done in Canada. (27,000 vs 60,000) He has a full day appointment today which involves among other things the extraction of ALL his bottom teeth. I will probably be on my own for a few days as far as venturing out. I walked (carefully - note the sidewalk in the picture below) to the Mega - a very large grocery store. I perused every aisle, something I like to do on vacation. I bought ingredients for smoothies. I have the carcass from a rotisserie chicken from which I will make broth and I bought some pastina - called Estrella here. I came across the chorizo verde and might buy some to try in a few days. We don't get these smooth-skinned avacados at home - this one had to weigh a almost a kilo!

sidwalk - 1.jpeg

sausage - 1.jpeg

ava - 1.jpeg

MaryIsobel

MaryIsobel

Things will change significantly today as one of the reasons that we are here is for my husband to have extensive dental work/dental surgery done. Our dental benefits were clawed back shortly after he retired and it is less than half the cost of having it done in Canada. (27,000 vs 60,000) He has a full day appointment today which involves among other things the extraction of ALL his bottom teeth. I will probably be on my own for a few days as far as venturing out. I walked (carefully - note the sidewalk in the picture below) to the Mega - a very large grocery store. I perused every aisle, something I like to do on vacation. I bought ingredients for smoothies. I have the carcass from a rotisserie chicken which I will make broth from and I bought some pastina - called Estrella here. I came across the chorizo verde and might buy some to try in a few days. We don't get these smooth-skinned avacados at home - this one had to weigh a almost a kilo!

sidwalk - 1.jpeg

sausage - 1.jpeg

ava - 1.jpeg

MaryIsobel

MaryIsobel

Things will change significantly today as one of the reasons that we are here is for my husband to have extensive dental work/dental surgery done. Our dental benefits were clawed back shortly after he retired and it is less than half the cost of having it done in Canada. (27,000 vs 60,000 He has a full day appointment today which involves among other things the extraction of ALL his bottom teeth. I will probably be on my own for a few days as far as venturing out. I walked (carefully - note the sidewalk in the picture below) to the Mega - a very large grocery store. I perused every aisle, something I like to do on vacation. I bought ingredients for smoothies. I have the carcass from a rotisserie chicken which I will make broth from and I bought some pastina - called Estrella here. I came across the chorizo verde and might buy some to try in a few days. We don't get these smooth-skinned avacados at home - this one had to weigh a almost a kilo!

sidwalk - 1.jpeg

sausage - 1.jpeg

ava - 1.jpeg