• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

36 minutes ago, Anna N said:

I would think that the  chouriço would be the least of my questions about this recipe. What about the puddings? What about the meat bouillon? What about the Portuguese cabbage? Collards? Kale? Translation issues?

Yes, I realised there are other questions. I chose to ask the one that confused me most. The bouillons are, I'm sure, stock cubes. 'Bouillon' is seldom used outside of that context. The cabbage could be kale which is used in Portugal. Yes, probably translation issues.

28 minutes ago, blue_dolphin said:

From the way the recipe is written, I'd guess the chouriço might be blood chouriço and the meat chouriço would be sausage. 

I thought that but the next ingredient is blood sausage.

liuzhou

liuzhou

27 minutes ago, Anna N said:

I would think that the  chouriço would be the least of my questions about this recipe. What about the puddings? What about the meat bouillon? What about the Portuguese cabbage? Collards? Kale? Translation issues?

Yes, I realised there are other quesions. I chose to ask the one that confused me most. The bouillons are, I'm sure, stock cubes. 'Bouillon' is seldom used outside of that context. The cabbage could be kale which is used in Portugal. Yes, probably translation issues.

25 minutes ago, blue_dolphin said:

From the way the recipe is written, I'd guess the chouriço might be blood chouriço and the meat chouriço would be sausage. 

I thought that but the next ingredient is blood sausage.