• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Senior Sea Kayaker

Senior Sea Kayaker

45 minutes ago, Anna N said:

This is a community of people who enjoy food  and since your initial inquiry was rather general and inquisitive “I've always been hesitant combining mushrooms and seafood” it’s seems only natural for us to point out that there is nothing, particularly odd about this combination. I am not sure why you would seem to take offense.

Most certainly I hope @liamsauntresponds with her assessment of the dish.

Not offended in the least.

My initial inquiry was not general. If it had been I would have inquired whether 'mushrooms and seafood work together'

or "any ideas about combining mushrooms and seafood'.

I'm familiar with Coquilles St. Jacques, and Sole Bonne Femme and others, so I was merely interested in the OP's opinion of her dish.

Senior Sea Kayaker

Senior Sea Kayaker

35 minutes ago, Anna N said:

This is a community of people who enjoy food  and since your initial inquiry was rather general and inquisitive “I've always been hesitant combining mushrooms and seafood” it’s seems only natural for us to point out that there is nothing, particularly odd about this combination. I am not sure why you would seem to take offense.

Most certainly I hope @liamsauntresponds with her assessment of the dish.

Not offended in the least.

My initial inquiry was not general. If it had been I would have inquired whether 'mushrooms and seafood work together' or "any ideas about 

combining mushrooms and seafood'.

I'm familiar with Coquilles St. Jacques, and Sole Bonne Femme and others, so I was merely interested in the OP's opinion of her dish.