• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

10 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

Yes, please.

The mixing is pretty straightforward. I use a large mixing pitcher and with a wire whisk, I thoroughly beat the egg and the milk together and then thoroughly beat in the flour and the salt. I mix it up about 1/2 hour before I'm ready to bake it and leave it in the pitcher. Preheat the oven to 350°. In the meantime, put about one teaspoon of butter in each of the muffin cups. While the oven is preheating, place the tin in the oven just long enough to melt the butter. Brush the cups thoroughly with the melted butter and pour the batter into the tin. Bake for 25 minutes without opening the oven. I measured the muffin cups and they are two and a half inches in diameter.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

Just now, ElsieD said:

Yes, please.

The mixing is pretty straightforward. I use a large mixing pitcher and with a wire whisk, I thoroughly beat the egg and the milk together and then thoroughly beat in the flour and the salt. I mix it up about 1/2 hour before I'm ready to bake it and leave it in the pitcher. Preheat the oven to 350°. In the meantime, put about one teaspoon of butter in each of the muffin cups. While the oven is preheating, place the tin in the oven just long enough to melt the butter. Brush the cups thoroughly with the melted butter. Bake for 25 minutes without opening the oven. I measured the muffin cups and they are two and a half inches in diameter.