• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

Fixed a typo

@blue_dolphin. What size were the loaf pans that you used?

I made the Salty Caramel Peanut Butter Cake from Snacking Cakes.   I made 1/2 of the recipe.   We liked the cake but scraped off the icing as we did not like it.  I have made two of her icing recipes and did not care for either of them.  Too sugary, if that makes sense.  I will give similar icing recipes a miss.  Next time I want a peanut butter flavoured cake I'll make the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake again.

20230226_204709.jpg

ElsieD

ElsieD

@blue_dolphin. What size were the loaf pans that you used?

I made the Salty Caramel Peanut Butter Cake from Snacking Cakes.   I made 1/2 of the recipe.   We liked the cake but scrapped off the icing as we did not like it.  I have made two of her icing recipes and did not care for either of them.  Too sugary, if that makes sense.  I will give similar icing recipes a miss.  Next time I want a peanut butter flavoured cake I'll make the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake again.

20230226_204709.jpg