• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

No shortage here, either.  No price hikes, either.

Also, in stores and markets, eggs are nearly always weighed to determine cost. I buy super-fresh sea duck eggs online and they are,  sold by number. All online sales are by number, although they also often list the approximate weight. My duck eggs come overnight from a nearby city and are a lot more expensive than 'regular' eggs, but in my mind worth it.

Average-sized regular eggs go for the equivalent of $2.00 USD / dozen. Larger or free  range might go for nearer $3.00. My duck eggs are $4.00.

2000020533__20230127134931.thumb.jpg.dc32c9e10c4f4efc033a88f9d37469f4.jpg

Ad for free range eggs

Not that they are sold by the dozen. We're decimal! Or sell by the eight - that being China's luckiest number.

194055275_duckeggs.thumb.jpg.bfb10129f48a17b65b7d68e7ed0a0a46.jpg

Sea duck eggs

liuzhou

liuzhou

Also, in stores and markets, eggs are nearly always weighed to determine cost. I buy super-fresh sea duck eggs online and they are,  sold by number. All online sales are by number, although they also often list the approximate weight. My duck eggs come overnight from a nearby city and are a lot more expensive than 'regular' eggs, but in my mind worth it.

Average-sized regular eggs go for the equivalent of $2.83 USD / dozen. Larger or free  range might go for nearer $3.00. My duck eggs are $4.00.

2000020533__20230127134931.thumb.jpg.dc32c9e10c4f4efc033a88f9d37469f4.jpg

Not that they are sold by the dozen. We're decimal! Or sell by the eight - that being China's luckiest number.

194055275_duckeggs.thumb.jpg.bfb10129f48a17b65b7d68e7ed0a0a46.jpg

Sea duck eggs

liuzhou

liuzhou

Average-sized regular eggs go for the equivalent of $2.12 USD / dozen. Larger or free  range  might go for nearer $3.00. My duck eggs are $4.00.

Not that they are sold by the dozen. We're decimal!

liuzhou

liuzhou