• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

Price Fixing has been around for a long time - why the FTC tries but alot is "secret" verbal. Main carpet install companies did it for some time in L.A.  Took turns letting one go low on major projects so as not to be obvious.  The mills may have kniown but they are sole source so...  And then their are the specifiers the mills have inpocket...https://www.ftc.gov/advice-guidance/competition-guidance/guide-antitrust-laws/dealings-competitors/price-fixing So is the egg thng really shocking?

I asked my favorite cashier who has farm animals if she has hens. She said when this cold her hens take a break. So many factors. 

When California went cage free only and there was  a significant price hike it seemed consumers voted with their wallets and the big blip settled down. May happen again.

heidih

heidih

Price Fixing has been around for a long time - why the FTC tries but alot is "secret" verbal. Main carpet install companies did it for some time in L.A.  Took turns letting one go low on major projects so as not to be obvious.  The mills may have kniown but they are sole source so...  And thyen their are the specifiers the mills havee inpocket...https://www.ftc.gov/advice-guidance/competition-guidance/guide-antitrust-laws/dealings-competitors/price-fixing Sqo is the egg thng really shocking?

I asked my favorite cashier who has farm animals if she has hens. She sai when this cold her hens take a break. So many factors. 

When California went cage free only and there was  a significant price hike it seemed consumers voted with their wallets and the big blip settled down. May happen again.