• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ever purchased from Plant-Based Pros?

JeanneCake

Sometimes I feel as if I collect table top mixers.  I've had at least 6 different Kitchen Aids over the last 20 years; my original 5 qt is still going strong (I gifted it to a friend when KA started selling 6 qt mixers) after 35 years and sometimes I wish I never let it go.  But anyway, I've had more 6 qt and 7 qt mixers than any sane person or bakery owner should have and now AGAIN the latest  7 qt is starting to complain and not turn on when asked nicely.

So, time for the commercial 8qt.  I searched online and this place I've never heard of, Plant Based Pros, has a competitive price, plus a holiday deal of 3% off, free shipping and  no sales tax (January promotion).  I don't really like buying from Webstaurantstore (they seem to nickle and dime) and I would absolutely be paying quite a bit more if I bought from a local restaurant supply house. 

What could go wrong?  Has anyone ever bought from this place?  What was your experience?

• Like 1

I'm sorry I can't speak to your question about Plant Based Pros but I have a couple of KitchenAid stand mixers, including the 8 quart Commercial NSF.  I wondered if you had considered the Ankarsrum mixer as an alternative?

I can't help you with the color choices.  The KitchenAid has an orange power cord which is always nice.

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

Thanks, Jo.  I did consider the Ankarsrum - what was hard for me is that we have about a dozen KA mixer bowls (all of which will fit an 8 qt) and buying multiple Ankarsrum bowls isn't something I want to do right now.

But, I will buy one for home!  The misbehaving KA was originally at my house so I am without a mixer at home (to be honest, by the time I get home cooking is the last thing I want to do LOL).  When I need a mixer for home, that's the one I'm buying :)

• Like 2