• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

29 minutes ago, blue_dolphin said:

How so?  The rule was proposed in December 1969, based on a study of bovine lungs collected from various slaughterhouses. It was submitted on Dec 22 and published on Dec 31. 

Based on feedback, a subsequent study was performed on calf and sheep lungs, presumably in 1970, and the 1971 rule says that subsequent study substantiated the results of the first one and justified the inclusion of calf and sheep lungs. 

I am only going by what the article you linked to as quoted by @Anna Nsays. Of course I know it couldn't have happened the way they describe. When an article is so badly written, I tend to dismiss anything and everything it says.

liuzhou

liuzhou

3 minutes ago, blue_dolphin said:

How so?  The rule was proposed in December 1969, based on a study of bovine lungs collected from various slaughterhouses. It was submitted on Dec 22 and published on Dec 31. 

Based on feedback, a subsequent study was performed on calf and sheep lungs, presumably in 1970, and the 1971 rule says that subsequent study substantiated the results of the first one and justified the inclusion of calf and sheep lungs. 

I am only going by what the article you linked to as quoted by @Anna N. Of course I know it couldn't have happened the way they describe. When an article is so badly written, I tend to dismiss anything and everything it says.