• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kerala

Kerala

Added subtracted

On 1/19/2023 at 9:28 AM, liuzhou said:

Great chieftain o the puddin'-race!

Over the last few years almost all haggis available in English supermarkets has had beef fat, at the very least, added. I don't eat beef, but I've always been able to find some brand with no beef on Burns night, until tonight.

I once had a vegetarian haggis, with some toothy little legumes standing in for the bits of cartilage. Not bad, as these things go. Not even this option available today.

It's a treat I can manage only a couple of times a year, as it's not a family favourite. Now overdue, so I'll keep an eye out.

Do you know, @Duvel

recent blog reminded me it's been way too long since I've been north of the border!

Kerala

Kerala

Added subtracted

Over the last few years almost all haggis available in English supermarkets has beef fat, at the very least, added. I don't eat beef, but I've always been able to find some brand with no beef on Burns night, until tonight.

I once had a vegetarian haggis, with some toothy little legumes standing in for the bits of cartilage. Not bad, as these things go. Not even this option available today.

It's a treat I can manage only a couple of times a year, as it's not a family favourite. Now overdue, so I'll keep an eye out.

Do you know, @Duvel

recent blog reminded me it's been way too long since I've been north of the border!

Kerala

Kerala

Over the last few years almost all haggis available in English supermarkets has added beef fat, at the very least, added. I don't eat beef, but I've always been able to find some brand with no beef on Burns night, until tonight.

Do you know, @Duvel