• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

Fried pork skin with and without a bit of flesh attached is sold by street vendors and in Latin markets here. The street vendoers fry on site. The best market one  I've encountered did on site too. I got stuck behind a woman once who had the guy behind counter show her a number of pieces so she could assess the skin to flash ratio.  As to her cultural connection, and based on skin and accent she was a black woman raised in US South. Maybe @gulfporter can show us some from Mexico

heidih

heidih

Fried pork skin with and without a bit of flesh attached is sold by street vendors and in Latin markets here. The street vendoers fry on site. The best market one  I've encountered did on site too. I got stuck behind a woman once who had the vendor used.  As to her cultural connection, turn over many pieces in the display case so she could get pne with perfect ratio skin to flesh. He was patient, I was ambaseed on skin and accent she was a black woman raised in US South. Maybe @gulfporter can show us some fom Mexico