• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FeChef

FeChef

9 hours ago, heidih said:

I think dog owners here may be more familiar with the crispy pig ears as dog treats. Not sold for cheap.

I've only cooked beef tongue once - from Julia Child - when I was teaching myself to cook with Master the Art of  French Cooking. That sucker was huge - a lot for 2 people to plow through. Peeling was kinda fun. What I thought were the taste buds skeeved me out a bit. I think there was a mustard sauce involved. Sliced up fpr stir-fry makes sense but I wasn;t cooking like that back thenas I found it a bit one note.

I was just going to post TS, and my dogs have the same tastes,they all seem,to love pig ears. Jokes aside, they are expensive, at least here in the states. I was able to take advantage of a 50% off online petsmart deal. Got basicly 24 count bags for less then $10usd a bag. I bought 12 bags. My dogs should be good for at least a year.

FeChef

FeChef

9 hours ago, heidih said:

I think dog owners here may be more familiar with the crispy pig ears as dog treats. Not sold for cheap.

I've only cooked beef tongue once - from Julia Child - when I was teaching myself to cook with Master the Art of  French Cooking. That sucker was huge - a lot for 2 people to plow through. Peeling was kinda fun. What I thought were the taste buds skeeved me out a bit. I think there was a mustard sauce involved. Sliced up fpr stir-fry makes sense but I wasn;t cooking like that back thenas I found it a bit one note.

I was just going to post TS, and my dogs have the same tastes,they all seem,to love pig ears. Jokes aside, they are expensive, at least here in the states. I was able to take advantage of a 50% off online petsmart deal. Got basicly 24 count bags for less then $10usd a bag.