• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

London bars?

Craig E

We really enjoyed the (indoor) roof top bar at the Hari Hotel - 20 Chesham Pl, London SW1X 8HQ. Not sure if it is open to the public, as we were staying there, but they do have a public restaurant (Il Pampero - which I highly recommend) so there is a good chance that the bar is also public.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been to London in a while, but if I was going these bars would be on my list:

• A Bar with Shapes for a Name (I have been a Remy Savage fan since discovering his cocktails at the Little Red Door in Paris)
  • Tayer + Elementary (by the mastermind who got the Artesian on the map)
  • Coupette (because of the French theme)
  • Trailer Happiness (because I love tiki drinks)
  • Lyaness (I've been a Ryan Cheti follower since White Lyan and love his creativity)
  • Like 1

Since we lean more these days to the wines we're drinking, a couple of favorites (for wine) included Noble Rot and BRAT.

And this piece was in the Times last week...

Why London Is One of the Best Places in the World to Drink Wine

I've reached out to a couple of bartender friends, and will post if they come back with anything different than your OP above.

• Like 1

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

On 1/4/2023 at 3:54 PM, Craig E said:

I'm heading to London for almost a month. In previous trips, some of my favorite drink spots have included White Lyan, Satan's Whiskers, Swift, and Oriole.
What bars should I not miss this time around?

Well, Satan's Whiskers is on the list.

Happiness Forgets - run by a Pegu Club alumnus.

Duke's - classic Duke's Martini

Bar Termini - more of an aperitif bar

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?