• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Source for Candied Fruit

Jim D.

21 minutes ago, Jim D. said:

I am looking for sources for various candied fruits of high quality.  Nuts.com has them, but I have not tried their product.  I got some good orange peel from l'epicerie.com, but they have a limited vaiety.  Any suggestions would be welcome.

I  was just looking for something else at KAF and came across this.  It may not be what you are looking for, but I thought I would pass it along.

https://www.kingarthurbaking.com/search?query=fruitcake fruit#bc_product_index

https://shop.kingarthurbaking.com/items/bakers-fruit-blend

Edited by ElsieD (log)

1 hour ago, Jim D. said:

I am looking for sources for various candied fruits of high quality.  Nuts.com has them, but I have not tried their product.  I got some good orange peel from l'epicerie.com, but they have a limited vaiety.  Any suggestions would be welcome.

Albert Uster has candied / glace fruits. Have you given them a try? I also use  Agrimontana and Amifruit. I just check which suppliers carry those two brands. I like the quality of all three -- order is usually based on availability and cost.

• Like 2

I had a client order 100 stollen for early December and I bought a lot of candied lemon and orange peel in preparation and then they halved the order.  I got it from nuts.com and I'm never going to use what's left.  Want  it?

ETA: I bought it in November and have probably 3 or 4# of each that are still in the unopened bags....

Edited by JeanneCake (log)
  • Like 1