• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Duvel

Duvel

Ups - forgot the sugar …

36 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

What movie did you watch?

I'd be interested in the details of your 45 minute dough.  It's been a long time since I've had a pizza.

Dune. The “classic” one …

Dough is 500 g flour, 300 mL (warm) water, 15 g olive oil, 7 g salt, generous pinch of sugar, one package of instant dry yeast (Dr. Oetker) and half a pack of baking powder (7.5 g, Dr. Oetker). Combine, 3 x stretch and fold (in 10 min intervals), ball after last s&f and let rise for 15 min more - all done in a covered bowl swimming in a sink full of warm water.

Duvel

Duvel

28 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

What movie did you watch?

I'd be interested in the details of your 45 minute dough.  It's been a long time since I've had a pizza.

Dune. The “classic” one …

Dough is 500 g flour, 300 mL (warm) water, 15 g olive oil, 7 g salt, one package of instant dry yeast (Dr. Oetker) and half a pack of baking powder (7.5 g, Dr. Oetker). Combine, 3 x stretch and fold (in 10 min intervals), ball after last s&f and let rise for 15 min more - all done in a covered bowl swimming in a sink full of warm water.