• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

The name of this recipe in Eric Kim's Korean American cookbook is A Lot of Cabbage with Curried Chicken Cutlets.  I made it with tofu instead of chicken and used Massa Organics brown rice instead of white rice.

0D01D0A4-8A08-421A-8FB4-4E41C4C5BBC2_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.51c1cc5bc46b2f9eb6e09e8fca6e8d25.jpeg

The cabbage is a quick pickle/slaw with rice vinegar, sugar and salt.  The Kkasseu sauce is Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and brown sugar.  For the breading, which is what attracted me to the recipe, the cutlets are first dipped in a mix of mayo and Dijon mustard then into panko seasoned with curry powder, garlic powder, salt & pepper.  It made for a flavorful, crispy coating and I very much enjoyed the contrasting flavors and textures here. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

The name of this recipe in Korean American is A Lot of Cabbage with Curried Chicken Cutlets.  I made it with tofu instead of chicken and used Massa Organics brown rice instead of white rice.

0D01D0A4-8A08-421A-8FB4-4E41C4C5BBC2_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.51c1cc5bc46b2f9eb6e09e8fca6e8d25.jpeg

The cabbage is a quick pickle/slaw with rice vinegar, sugar and salt.  The Kkasseu sauce is Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and brown sugar.  For the breading, which is what attracted me to the recipe, the cutlets are first dipped in a mix of mayo and Dijon mustard then into panko seasoned with curry powder, garlic powder, salt & pepper.  It made for a flavorful, crispy coating and I very much enjoyed the contrasting flavors and textures here.