• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

38 minutes ago, blue_dolphin said:

Creamy bucatini with roasted seaweed from Eric Kim's Korean American

AA7E6680-9632-4712-8D06-11FA11E10BB9_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.b2f622ee0a8ac0743df0edf231b3a60a.jpeg

I resisted the urge to add a bunch of vegetables and just enjoyed the easy, comfort food aspect of this simple pasta dish. Not bad at all, nor should it be bad, given the amount of heavy cream involved!

I'd be tempted to add just a bit of pickled ginger - either sweetish one like sushi  (gari) or the beni shoga  just to cut richness. I also have to remind myself to step back an enjoy simplicity at times. Of course as I overhink I'd sub coconut milk with a lean to the cream for the dairy. Total tangent but may try.

heidih

heidih

32 minutes ago, blue_dolphin said:

Creamy bucatini with roasted seaweed from Eric Kim's Korean American

AA7E6680-9632-4712-8D06-11FA11E10BB9_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.b2f622ee0a8ac0743df0edf231b3a60a.jpeg

I resisted the urge to add a bunch of vegetables and just enjoyed the easy, comfort food aspect of this simple pasta dish. Not bad at all, nor should it be bad, given the amount of heavy cream involved!

I'd be tempted to add just a bit of pickled ginger - either sweetish one like sushi  (gari) or the beni shoga  just to cut richness. I also have to remind myself to step back an enjoy sijmplicity at times.