• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

to add link

A bit of a riff on the recipe for Charred Cauliflower with Magic Gochugaru Dust in Korean American.  Recipe available online at this link.

1FAC5900-1031-45FD-A818-7B6E7C42DBE6_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.3b5eae5ab20d298e8f6233868abe443b.jpeg

I roasted the cauliflower instead of broiling, threw a handful of green beans on to the tray with it and put an egg on top. The gochugaru dust has salt, gochugaru, smoked paprika, garlic powder and a little dark brown sugar. Quite good.  If I make it again, I will dial back on the salt so I can get more heat and flavor without oversalting, at least for my taste. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

A bit of a riff on the recipe for Charred Cauliflower with Magic Gochugaru Dust in Korean American

1FAC5900-1031-45FD-A818-7B6E7C42DBE6_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.3b5eae5ab20d298e8f6233868abe443b.jpeg

I roasted the cauliflower instead of broiling, threw a handful of green beans on to the tray with it and put an egg on top. The gochugaru dust has salt, gochugaru, smoked paprika, garlic powder and a little dark brown sugar. Quite good.  If I make it again, I will dial back on the salt so I can get more heat and flavor without oversalting, at least for my taste.