• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New member here, learning to make bonbons

Aunt Esther

Hello all, I am a new member to the forum. I found this looking for information on making bonbons. I would like to say that so far this forum has been very helpful. The are part of my first batches. I am working on improving the imperfections, but any pointers would be very helpful

bonbon2.thumb.jpg.a5dfe4818cacc2d5bd60114b334e0b40.jpgbonbon1.jpg.7c0827bb025d3410aa4f0a5a55cca935.jpgbonbon4.thumb.jpg.84f9db8cd627ecc1fa36996232885808.jpgbonbon3.thumb.jpg.026f23844db975f52edd1e0915274ff4.jpg

• Like 4
  • Delicious 1

26 minutes ago, Tropicalsenior said:

Welcome to eG.

Those are beautiful. I'm not into making candy so I hope that you will venture further into the topics on eG and meet the rest of us. I think that you will like it here.

I will, I managed and cooked in restaurants for 25 years before semi retiring. I now have an at home cookie business and and delving into bonbons

It sounds like you have chosen an ambitious project for your retirement. Your candies are absolutely gorgeous. What part of the country are you in? I hope that you will check out some other forums and share some of your recipes with us, not just for candy but some of your restaurant favorites.