• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Darienne

Darienne

I grow green onions inside on my den window sill in the winter.  I simply started with the root end of a few pieces and put them into potting soil.  They grow up like no one's business and the strange part to me...the non green thumber...is that I am now on harvest #6 from the same original onions.  I also grow grape tomatoes from one grape tomato slice.  

I don't really get a lot...but I like doing it.  

Life without onions does not bear consideration. 

Darienne

Darienne

I grow green onions inside on my den window in the winter.  I simply started with the root end of a few pieces and put them into potting soil.  They grow up like no one's business and the strange part to me...the non green thumber...is that I am now on harvest #6 from the same original onions.  I also grow grape tomatoes from one grape tomato slice.  

I don't really get a lot...but I like doing it.  

Life without onions does not bear consideration.