• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FeChef

FeChef

I Have very late eating habits, so sometimes i have to order food before i actually want to eat due to them closing early, or in this case shutting their pressure fryers off at 6pm. That said, Now, yes i could hit up a KFC at 8pm and pay $30 for an 8pc, but i prefer to hit up my local grocery store and pay $8 for an 8pc. So i wanted to test the APO, and to my delight, non sous vide, no steam, 140F for 3 hours and i just tested a breast that was probed at 135F IT was still delicious and juicy. Slightly almost Original recipe texture, but so worth the savings.

FeChef

FeChef

I Have very late eating habits, so sometimes i have to order food before i actually want to eat due to them closing early, or in this case shutting their pressure fryers off at 6pm. That said, Now, yes i could hit up a KFC at 8pm and pay $30 for an 8pc, but i prefer to hit up my local grocery store and pay $8 for an 8pc. So i wanted to test the APO, and to my delight, non sous vide, no steam, 140F for 3 hours and i just tested a breat that was probed at 135F IT was still delicious and juicy. Slightly almost Original recipe texture, but so worth the savings.