• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

TdeV

TdeV

Grammar

Yesterday we had baked fish with sweet potatoes, fresh mayonnaise, and asparagus. I worked with this recipe from steamandbake.

The sweet potatoes were cut and soaked in salty water so they wouldn't brown, dried off, tossed in couple tablespoons oil (in a plastic bag), laid out on the Anova sheet pan, dusted with some semolina, garlic cloves and thyme. The Anova pan is quite thin and buckled mid-cook. Anyone have a good replacement?

IMG_2951_smaller.thumb.jpg.3fc4173fa0284d522e264c067d2292bf.jpg

This was my second try at homemade mayonnaise, but the first time with the Bamix using the small container (which might be too small). Ingredients: jumbo egg, freshly ground black mustard seed, <tsp salt, white wine vinegar, canola. Tasted salty to me when just made.

But, I have to tell you, HOT sweet potato fries dipped in fresh mayonnaise is absolutely divine! 😋 😋

The fish was lemon flounder fillet, dried and placed on a 1/4 sheet USA pan which did not buckle.

Dressing (none leftover) was 100g panko, 30 g chopped raw cashew, zest from one Meyer lemon, freshly ground pepper, enough olive oil to make the crumbs stick together.

IMG_2948_croppedSm.thumb.jpg.dbfa28690cf418a8c35fa0a6daec86de.jpg

Served with the Meyer lemon and asparagus. With a little practise this would be a very fast meal. And tasty.

IMG_2954_croppedSm.thumb.jpg.edbc93b363f6e22992b70c1c5162a92a.jpg

TdeV

TdeV

Yesterday we had baked fish with sweet potatoes, fresh mayonnaise, and asparagus. I worked with the recipe from steamandbake.

The sweet potatoes were cut and soaked in salty water so they wouldn't brown, dried off, tossed in couple tablespoons oil (in a plastic bag), laid out on the Anova sheet pan, dusted with some semolina, garlic cloves and thyme. The Anova pan is quite thin and buckled mid-cook. Anyone have a good replacement?

IMG_2951_smaller.thumb.jpg.3fc4173fa0284d522e264c067d2292bf.jpg

This was my second try at homemade mayonnaise, but the first time with the Bamix using the small container (which might be too small). Ingredients: jumbo egg, freshly ground black mustard seed, <tsp salt, white wine vinegar, canola. Tasted salty to me when just made.

But, I have to tell you, HOT sweet potato fries dipped in fresh mayonnaise is absolutely divine! 😋 😋

The fish was lemon flounder fillet, dried and placed on a 1/4 sheet USA pan which did not buckle.

Dressing (none leftover) was 100g panko, 30 g chopped raw cashew, zest from one Meyer lemon, freshly ground pepper, enough olive oil to make the crumbs stick together.

IMG_2948_croppedSm.thumb.jpg.dbfa28690cf418a8c35fa0a6daec86de.jpg

Served with the Meyer lemon and asparagus. With a little practise this would be a very fast meal. And tasty.

IMG_2954_croppedSm.thumb.jpg.edbc93b363f6e22992b70c1c5162a92a.jpg