• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

CanadianHomeChef

CanadianHomeChef

Made a whole chicken tonight. I’ve got to say I’ve never seen a chicken hold onto so many of its juices. You can squish around the liquids underneath the bubbles in the skin. Lots came pouring out as I carved the bird. 

The chicken was cooked perfectly. I’m just not sure if I like my chicken this juicy. The jury is still out. 

Cooked some brussel sprouts from the garden for 10 minutes at 212 with 100% humidity. Threw two knobs of butter, salt, and pepper inside the pan before placing it in the oven. Easy side dish as the chicken was resting. 

F1E1E3AB-1F7B-4FB7-A4A9-03E42AC5A5FC.jpeg

1789FBD8-891E-43BB-951A-8B6E7729CC63.jpeg

CanadianHomeChef

CanadianHomeChef

Made a whole chicken tonight. I’ve got to say I’ve never seen a chicken hold onto so many of its juices. You can squish around the liquids underneath the bubbles in the skins. Lots came pouring out as I cut it. 

The chicken was cooked perfectly. I’m just not sure if I like my chicken this juicy. The jury is still out. 

Cooked some brussel sprouts from the garden for 10 minutes at 212 with 100% humidity. They two knobs of butter, salt, and pepper inside the pan before placing it in the oven. Easy side dish as the chicken was resting. 

F1E1E3AB-1F7B-4FB7-A4A9-03E42AC5A5FC.jpeg

1789FBD8-891E-43BB-951A-8B6E7729CC63.jpeg