• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fast food prices

rotuts

Thanks, @rotuts.    We often/usually have fast food or taco truck lunches en route to and from the country.    We have found that at fast food places, splitting a sandwich and fries, with a drink for dh, is correct for us.    Our two favorites are Carl's Jr. Santa Fe chicken, which is grilled, not fried, or Burger King's Big Fish, a large fried fish fillet with lettuce, cheese and tartar sauce.    I can't get my arms around the pricing on published lists since our tab at either place hovers between $12 and $13, for one sandwich on the meal deal (I.e., plus fries and huge drink).     We don't quibble since these serve us well as junk splurges, but it is puzzling.    We do periodically play the system by using coupons for a 2 for meal.    Like 2 Jr. Whoppers + 2 medium fries for $5.49.    Woohoo!   Such a deal!

• Like 1

eGullet member #80.

Here, BK seems to advertise once a month in those mailed flyers.   

Also Subway, but less frequently -> $3.99 6" sub.   Subway is a good "have it your way" sandwich but is huge, and one every month or so is enough.   

My subway order: Italian deli meat (pepperoni, salami and ham) on fresh whole grain sub, pepper jack cheese, toasted, then added lettuce, tomato, red onion, large handful of jalapeno and dill pickle chips, mayo, chipotle mayo.    DH's is much more refined.  

• Like 1

eGullet member #80.