• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pillsbury Pull-Aparts (garlic or monkey bread)

Margaret Pilgrim

This is one of those things dh dropped into the shopping cart while my back was turned.  

1288709383_ScreenShot2022-12-08at12_02_14PM.thumb.png.a2ed96510f5337c6d46bbb8adceb79a5.png

Oh, well...okay.    In the country.   Spaghetti night.    He decides to bake up his purchase.

1302957332_ScreenShot2022-12-08at12_01_05PM.thumb.png.f537e03f4f0c428adac3b40e379c2def.png

1751807117_ScreenShot2022-12-08at12_01_44PM.thumb.png.c00719ca9ff5b0126cd3055b4345fa23.png

Smells good.   Tastes surprisingly good.  

We wound up turning off the boiling water, refrigerating spaghetti sauce and having these and salad for a very satisfying supper.

Would buy again.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

eGullet member #80.

Pillsbury seems to have maintained a good quality level. The "whomp" type biscuits as some here enjoy. I occasionallly crave the ones my mom used to make for dinner parties, baked in muffin tin, many pull apart layers. I thin they were the Grands flaky pull apart but baking in tin made a difference I may have to indulge one day if I can locate. And your garlic pul aparts with a salad sound like a plan too.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, heidih said:

Pillsbury seems to have maintained a good quality level. The "whomp" type biscuits as some here enjoy. I occasionallly crave the ones my mom used to make for dinner parties, baked in muffin tin, many pull apart layers. I thin they were the Grands flaky pull apart but baking in tin made a difference I may have to indulge one day if I can locate. And your garlic pul aparts with a salad sound like a plan too.

I think they were called Butterflake Rolls, but it doesn't look like they make them anymore.

Deb

Liberty, MO

17 hours ago, heidih said:

I thin they were the Grands flaky pull apart but baking in tin made a difference I may have to indulge one day if I can locate.

They're still available, called Grands! Flaky Layers.   I loved those as a kid.  I think of those as the original "Modernist" biscuit.

I can get the readily via AmazonFresh.   Also shows Walmart carries them, so they're out there still.

• Delicious 1