• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pacojet ice cream recipe: Does it need to be adapted for use in Cuisinart ice cream maker?

Ratatata

Hi everyone,

I am looking to cook the Eleven Madison Park's tomato salad and mozzarella ice cream recipe soon.

The recipe uses a pacojet and quite a few technical ingredients (guar gum, xantham gum, lactic acid, trimoline, dextrose).
I have read that recipe usually are specific to pacojets and I am wondering if anyone knows whether I should adapt the recipe or do something different if using your typical ice cream machine (n my case, the cuisinart one)
And while I am at it, if anyone has a good easy source for the above ingredients (minus the lactic acid), I am all ears. I hear lepicerie.com is an option.

18 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

Who/where is lepicerie?  I had a look at their web site but no info is given.  I'm surprised they don't even give you a way to contact them.

New York City

https://www.lepicerie.com/about-our-company/

Contacts page:

https://www.lepicerie.com/contacts/

• Thanks 1

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

1 hour ago, ElsieD said:

Thank you.  Where did you find this?  I googled away and except for the link upthread, I got nowhere.

I spend a lot of my working day digging information out of badly-constructed websites.

If you scroll to the very bottom of the home page you'll see a link for the site map. Site maps are your friend. There's also a "Contact Us" link there, but I passed over that in silence when I posted the above. :P

Another useful play, especially when there's no site map, is to Google the thing you're looking for, and then specify the site in question. So in this case it might be

contact us site:lepicerie.com

or

contact information site:lepicerie.com

Instead of specifying "site" you can use "inurl" the same way - ie contact us inurl:lepicerie.com  - but I usually go with "site" just because it's one fewer character to type and it keeps you among the most-used letters on the keyboard. When you do this stuff all day, those little details add up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

Thanks! I ended up finding all the ingredients from decently known brands on amazon. Dont love buying there but it was easier. 
Now for the initial questions, any advice as to whether the recipe should be changed or edited for my machine?
As to why I am making this, i guess because I want to try :-)
I make regular ice cream too,but I am making an EMP menu, that is an annual tradition.

• Like 1

With out seeing the recipe itself i don't think anyone could really tell you. I would try it as is. My main concern would be how scoopable is it going to be? If it's too hard out of the freezer maybe temper it in the fridge for 10 min