• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

&roid

&roid

In the end I ran out of time this week so had to cheat a little and use liquid smoke. I cooked it at 110°C in the oven after coating with the smoke. 

It actually turned out pretty well - the sous vide method has left really juicy tender meat, much better than previous salt beef attempts I’ve done using traditional methods. 

flavour was ok, a bit of the sweet side so I’d reduce the sugar content substantially next time. 

Not the most artful of pictures but you can see the colour was a nice deep red. 

B3F94588-0860-4387-8049-C74B6E2E58E5.jpeg

&roid

&roid

In the end I ran out of time this week so had to cheat a little and use liquid smoke. I cooked it at 110°C in the oven after coating with the smoke. 

It actually turned out pretty well - the sous vide method has left really juicy tender meat, much better than previous salt beef attempts I’ve done using traditional methods. 

flavour was ok, a bit of the sweet side so I’d reduce the sugar content substantially next time. 

Mot the most artful of pictures but you can see the colour was a nice deep red. 

B3F94588-0860-4387-8049-C74B6E2E58E5.jpeg