• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lemniscate

lemniscate

better context on 20% off situation

Some sketchy stuff going on for some Amazon Black Friday offerings.  I regularly shop Amazon Warehouse for better deals on specific things I want.   Usually on Black Friday extended weekend there's a discount on quite a few things in the Warehouse area, which makes them more of a deal.  This year it's 20% off, not everything, and you have to put it in your cart to see if it's a 20% off item.   I had put a long wok spatula in my cart for $7.99, I was going to let it sit to see what discount it may get on BF WH.  Overnight, it went up to $9.49, then with a 20% off.  When is a sale not a sale?  

Just a testimonial, I haven't checked many other items, but my skepticism is pretty high for some of A's BF discounts.

lemniscate

lemniscate

Some sketchy stuff going on for some Amazon Black Friday offerings.  I regularly shop Amazon Warehouse for better deals on specific things I want.   Usually on Black Friday extended weekend there's a discount on quite a few things in the Warehouse area, which makes them more of a deal.  This year it's 20% off, not everything, and you have to put it in your cart to see if it's a 20% off item.   I had put a long wok spatula in my cart for $7.99, I was going to let it sit to see what discount it may get on BF WH.  Overnight, it went up to $9.49, with a 20% off.  When is a sale not a sale?  

Just a testimonial, I haven't checked many other items, but my skepticism is pretty high for some of A's BF discounts.