• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MaryIsobel

MaryIsobel

A truly lovely experience, just a I anticipated, having been there before. We started with cocktails, a Negroni for me, a French 75 for one daughter and something with passion fruit for the other daughter. We all had the lobster bisque to start which was accompanied by a perfect cheese straw. I could live on the bisque I am quite sure. (We were all still talking about it the next morninig.) One daughter and I had the Beef Wellington which was the Chef's special of the evening. It was the most delicious, perfectly prepared piece of beef I have had in quite some time. My other daughter had prawns served with angel hair pasta. What the sauce was escapes me at the moment, but apparently it was "absolutely delicious." No room for dessert but we were served a complimentary pear sorbet with Poire Williams and of course the crocodile chocolates. The service was impeccable but not pretentious. Would not hesitate to recommend Le Crocodile, should you find yourself in Vancouver. We had breakfast at Breka where the assortment of pastries both savory and sweet is mind boggling. My daughter who is a nurse had an early shift and couldn't join us but I had ham and swiss melt on a wonderful croissant, my daughter had a chipoltle chicken puff pastry. London Fogs for both of us. It was a grand evening all together. 

C1.jpg

C2.jpg

C3.jpg

C4.jpg

c5.jpg

MaryIsobel

MaryIsobel

A truly lovely experience, just a I anticipated, having been there before. We started with cocktails, a Negroni for me, a French 75 for one daughter and something with passion fruit for the other daughter. We all had the lobster bisque to start which was accompanied by a perfect cheese straw. I could live on the bisque I am quite sure. (We were all still talking about it the next morninig.) One daughter and I had the Beef Wellington which was the Chef's special of the evening. It was the most delicious, perfectly prepared piece of beef I have had in quite some time. My other daughter had prawns served with angel hair pasta. What the sauce was escapes me at the moment, but apparently it was "absolutely delicious." No room for dessert but we were served a complimentary pear sorbet with Poire Williams and of course the crocodile chocolates. The service was impeccable but not pretentious. Would not hesitate to recommend Le Crocodile, should you find yourself in Vancouver. We had breakfast at Brekka's where the assortment of pastries both savory and sweet is mind boggling. My daughter who is a nurse had an early shift and couldn't join us but I had ham and swiss melt on a wonderful croissant, my daughter had a chipoltle chicken puff pastry. London Fogs for both of us. It was a grand evening all together. 

C1.jpg

C2.jpg

C3.jpg

C4.jpg

c5.jpg