• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Scotland in “summer” - a short travelblog

Duvel

On 11/24/2022 at 7:43 AM, chromedome said:

As pointed out by Glaswegian comic Danny Bhoy when touring the country...

Hell - you can drive 6 days and still be in Canada!

Love Danny Bhoy.

Edited by Kerry Beal (log)
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

Hell - you can drive 6 days and still be in Canada!

Hell, we have parks bigger than countries.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

On 11/29/2022 at 7:13 AM, Duvel said:

a deeply relaxing feeling that persisted for weeks after returning.

That's quite an endorsement!!

@Duvel, this was just spectacular.  There is no happy-family like a happy-family, camping in the chilly rain. 

And, I now know the source of the grumpy when my campsites are rained out:  we've been bringing along gin!? 

Also, I learned a new term of importance to my meat-loving self:  "carvery".

Thanks so much, Duvel!  And to your family for letting you share so much of their fun with us.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm adding my thanks to everyone else's.  Mrs. Duvel and the dear boy are absolute champs for being ok with taking us along.  For Mr. Kim and I, our trips to England and Ireland felt like homecomings.  I've never in my life felt more "right" in a place than that.  I've always wanted to go to Scotland - thanks so much for taking me there!  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1