• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

51 minutes ago, Smithy said:

I developed a quite-unexpected taste for mooshy peas while in England and Scotland. I never knew that they'd started from something other than fresh peas I know (and dislike) them here. Somebody please educate me: what are marrowfat peas?

What @Anna N says.

The peas are sold in cans or dried in bags or boxes. I have never used canned - they didn't have them when I lived in the UK, so far as I remember.

When I was in the UK last, I bought these.

1732260336__20221115094658.thumb.jpg.2654f551ab38f1f236ebbbc3dc7c9e1e.jpg

They are still in my cupboard. They last forever. I won't!

liuzhou

liuzhou

49 minutes ago, Smithy said:

I developed a quite-unexpected taste for mooshy peas while in England and Scotland. I never knew that they'd started from something other than fresh peas as I know (and dislike) them here. Somebody please educate me: what are marrowfat peas?

What @Anna N says.

The peas are sold in cans or dried in bags or boxes. I have never used canned - they didn't have them when I lived in the UK as far as I remember.

When I was in the UK last, I bought these.

liuzhou

liuzhou

44 minutes ago, Smithy said:

I developed a quite-unexpected taste for mooshy peas while in England and Scotland. I never knew that they'd started from something other than fresh peas as I know (and dislike) them here. Somebody please educate me: what are marrowfat peas?

What @Anna N says.

The peas are sold in cans or dried in bags or boxes. I have never used canned. When I was in the UK last, I bought these.