• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Duvel

Duvel

Ok, let me fill you in on our “equipment”:

The latest fashion are tents with inflatable beams. You attach a special pump and basically inflate the sceletal structure (I amsure there is a better English term for that) and the tent builds itself. Pretty cool. Disassembling is equally quick, but rest assured you won‘t get it back into its back …

The tent withstands days of ceaseless rain. Guess how I know 🤭

Even better than the tent are the air mattresses. I was dreading sleeping on those, remembering the uncomfortable ones of my childhood. Boulderdash. Technology in this field has made so much progress, it is unbelievable. I bought two self-inflatable mattresses, each 1.40m x 2.00m x 12.5 cm. The basically have a foam core and when you unroll them, the foam expands and sucks in air through a valve which then you close. Thus, you have two cushion systems and I tell you (and everyone else) that I slept better on those mattresses than 90% of the hotel beds. No kidding. Plus - with the two mattresses our sleeping area was 2.80 m x 2.00 m, which is pretty good for two adults and one kid … 

Duvel

Duvel

Ok, let me fill you in on our “equipment”:

The latest fashion are tents with inflatable beams. You attach a special pump and basically inflate the sceletal structure (I amsure there is a better English term for that) and the tent builds itself. Pretty cool. Disassembling is equally quick, but rest assured you won‘t get it back into its back …

The tent withstands days of ceaseless rain. Guess how I know 🤭

Even better that the tent are the air mattresses. I was dreading sleeping on those, remembering the uncomfortable ones of my childhood. Boulderdash. Technology in this field has made so much progress, it is unbelievable. I bought two self-inflatable mattresses, each 1.40m x 2.00m x 12.5 cm. The basically have a foam core and when you unroll them, the foam expands and sucks in air through a valve which then you close. Thus, you have two cushion systems and I tell you (and everyone else) that I slept better on those mattresses than 90% of the hotel beds. No kidding. Plus - with the two mattresses our sleeping area was 2.80 m x 2.00m, which is pretty good for two adults and one kid …