• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Duvel

Duvel

25 minutes ago, Kerala said:

They were a bit skimpy with the chips, especially at £2 a portion. And yes, the chips look a bit pale. The fish looks a bit small too, at that price.

Gutted for you, mate. ☹️

I think portion size was ok, and in line with the other places we visited. Two portions of chips were more than enough for the three of us. But I am with you: I found Scotland to be a tad more expensive than for example Newcastle, where we concluded this tour.

Duvel

Duvel

23 minutes ago, Kerala said:

They were a bit skimpy with the chips, especially at £2 a portion. And yes, the chips look a bit pale. The fish looks a bit small too, at that price.

Gutted for you, mate. ☹️

I think portion size was ok, and in line with the other places we visited. Two portions of chips were more than enough for the three of us. Bit I am with you: I found Scotland to be a tad more expensive than for example Newcastle, where we concluded this tour.