• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Duvel

Duvel

The characters on the picture (though incomplete) say qiézǐ pídàn, the first word meaning eggplant, the second century egg.

I have not found a recipe specific to this, but for the aubergine maybe you could have a look at the (usually cold-served) steamed aubergine dish called liángbàn qiézǐ (凉拌茄子), and then top it with the century egg ?

Duvel

Duvel

The characters on the picture (though incomplete) say qiézǐ pídàn, the first word meaning eggplant, the second century egg.

I have not found a recipe specific to this, but for the aubergine maybe you could have a look at a (usually cold-seeved) steamed aubergine dish called liángbàn qiézǐ (凉拌茄子), and then top it with the century egg ?

Duvel

Duvel

I have not found a recipe specific to this, but for the aubergine , maybe you could have a look at a (usually cold-seeved) steamed aubergine dish called liángbàn qiézǐ (凉拌茄子), and then top it with the century egg ?

Duvel

Duvel

The characters on the picture (though incomplete) say qiézi pídàn, the first word meaning eggplant, the second century egg. 

I have not found a recipe specific to this, but for the aubergine , maybe you could have a look at a (usually cold-seeved) steamed aubergine dish called liáng bàn qié zǐ (凉拌茄子), and then top it with the century egg ?