• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

8 hours ago, ChristysConfections said:

A brief follow up on this:

@Kerry BealIf at any point you are able to spare the time, would you possibly be willing to check your copy of So Good Vol 18? As aforementioned, I purchased the recipes 3 book. It incluse Susanna Yoon's recipe for Oolong Soba Cha caramel, but there is no sucrose listed in the ingredients. I am wondering if you would be able to check if issue #18 actually has the sucrose in the recipe. I realize I can pretty easily take the tea infusion and incorporate it into another caramel recipe, but hoped I might try it as originally written first.

Sugar missing there too! You need to write to Grupo Vilbo and let them know the error. I'll find out who you need to contact. 

@Alleguede found a very similar recipe that used 355 grams of cream and that used 215 grams of sugar. I found one somewhat similar with 350 grams of sugar. Either way you are going to cook it after to 106º C so the water content will be the same. 

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

7 hours ago, ChristysConfections said:

A brief follow up on this:

@Kerry BealIf at any point you are able to spare the time, would you possibly be willing to check your copy of So Good Vol 18? As aforementioned, I purchased the recipes 3 book. It incluse Susanna Yoon's recipe for Oolong Soba Cha caramel, but there is no sucrose listed in the ingredients. I am wondering if you would be able to check if issue #18 actually has the sucrose in the recipe. I realize I can pretty easily take the tea infusion and incorporate it into another caramel recipe, but hoped I might try it as originally written first.

Sugar missing there too! You need to write to Grupo Vilbo and let them know the error. I'll find out who you need to contact.