• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

23 minutes ago, MaryIsobel said:

At the end of the day, for me, the company is what it's all about. 

That's exactly my feeling. When my husband was alive we had a lot of large dinner parties here in Costa Rica usually anywhere from 20 to 35 people. One Thanksgiving we counted and with 30 guests we had 11 countries represented. Sometimes it looked like a meeting of the United Nations. One of my guests said that she always enjoyed coming to our house because the company was so congenial. I told her that that was because we only invited people that we liked.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

17 minutes ago, MaryIsobel said:

At the end of the day, for me, the company is what it's all about. 

That's exactly my feeling. When my husband was alive we had a lot of large dinner parties here in Costa Rica usually anywhere from 20 to 35 people. One Thanksgiving we counted and with 30 guests we had 11 countries represented. Sometimes it looks like a meeting of the United Nations. One of my guests said that she always enjoyed coming to our house because the company was so congenial. I told her that that was because we only invited people that we liked.