• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe

31 minutes ago, palo said:

Aside from Air Fryer eggs, I was researching baked potatoes in an AF (Yes Anna on the internet 🙂) Well I found it really isn't any faster than an oven. I wondered about pre-baking in the microwave. Well long story short 6 minutes in MW and 25 minutes in AF - faster than the 45 - 60 minutes in oven alone. BUT I stumbled on this site (just linking the potato blog)

i baked a few potatoes in the air fryer when I first got mine.  While the results are good, it's really not much faster.  Microwave first then finish in the oven is my usual method for baking potatoes, but for some reason I didn't try that in the air fryer.  I'll do it next time.

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe

30 minutes ago, palo said:

Aside from Air Fryer eggs, I was researching baked potatoes in an AF (Yes Anna on the internet 🙂) Well I found it really isn't any faster than an oven. I wondered about pre-baking in the microwave. Well long story short 6 minutes in MW and 25 minutes in AF - faster than the 45 - 60 minutes in oven alone. BUT I stumbled on this site (just linking the potato blog)

i baked a few potatoes in the air fryer when I first got mine.  While the results are good, it's really not much faster.  The microwave first then finish in the oven is my usual method for baking potatoes, but for some reason I didn't try that in the air fryer.  I'll do it next time.

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe

24 minutes ago, palo said:

i baked a few potatoes in the air fryer when I first got mine.  While the results are good, it really not much faster.  The microwave first then finish in the oven is my usual method for baking potatoes, but for some reason I didn't try that in the air fryer.  I'll do it next time.