• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

One day/night in Montreal and four nights in Quebec: looking for restaurant recommendations

T Raveret

Taking the Train across Canada in in early November.  We love french food and culture but open to other cuisines as well and have 1 night in Montreal and 4 nights in Quebec.  Looking for some recommendations of restaurants for lunch and dinner and perhaps some amazing patisserie or anything else you think we should look to try.  Thanks

34 minutes ago, T Raveret said:

Taking the Train across Canada in in early November.  We love french food and culture but open to other cuisines as well and have 1 night in Montreal and 4 nights in Quebec.  Looking for some recommendations of restaurants for lunch and dinner and perhaps some amazing patisserie or anything else you think we should look to try.  Thanks

Once upon a time I took the train across Canada.  We ate on the train.  I thought the food was excellent and the wine most enjoyable.

• Like 1

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

We went to Montreal last year, ate at Joe Beef, Au Pied De Cochon, Nora Grey, Garde Manger, Bouillon Bilk, Ferreira Cafe, Le Passe Compose, and Janine Cafe. All of them were great but Garde Manger was our favourite as well as Bouillon Bilk. Le Passe Compose for lunch. Patrice Patisserie would be a must stop but I think it closed.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, rob1234 said:

Patrice Patisserie would be a must stop but I think it closed.

It closed.  We were in Montreal a few months ago, and had some wonderful meals.

Dinners at Mon Lapin, Beba, Le Vin Papillon...all places we'd return to in a heartbeat. We did want to have smoked meat for lunch one day, and since I won't wait on line at Schwartz's, we chose another place and it turned out to be very good - Snowdon Deli.

Edited by weinoo (log)
  • Like 1

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

• 2 weeks later...