• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lactantia Salted Butter...the salt content?

Darienne

Is it my imagination or is the Lactantia Salted Butter more salted than usual?  The current batch I'm using is salted to the point that even I am having trouble enjoying it. 

Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon?

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

I love Lactania butter but since I use only unsalted, I can't help you.  I do see that the sodium content is 75 mg. per 2 teaspoons.  Their phone no. Is 800-563-1515 should you be inclined to call them.

24 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

I love Lactania butter but since I use only unsalted, I can't help you.  I do see that the sodium content is 75 mg. per 2 teaspoons.  Their phone no. Is 800-563-1515 should you be inclined to call them.

I have no idea what a normal sodium content should be...and I am just too depleted to do more about it today than complain!   Thanks for the phone number.

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

On 10/5/2022 at 11:24 AM, ElsieD said:

I might be that Darienne's batch is atypical since its stated salt content is within medium range for salted butters.

• Like 2

eGullet member #80.

Over the years I have had the odd pound of butter that was over salted. I think if you have the time and the inclination it is worth bringing it to the attention of the producer especially if you can quote a lot number on the packaging. 

• Like 3

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

35 minutes ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

I might be that Darienne's batch is atypical since its stated salt content is within medium range for salted butters.

I'm quite sure that you are correct on this one. 

27 minutes ago, Anna N said:

Over the years I have had the odd pound of butter that was over salted. I think if you have the time and the inclination it is worth bringing it to the attention of the producer especially if you can quote a lot number on the packaging. 

Good to know that you have had the same experience.  The packaging is long gone I'm afraid.

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope.