• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Sid Post

Sid Post

8 hours ago, curls said:

Was at the local Wegmans this week and they had at least three brands of kosher salt -- including Diamond brand.

I found some South of Waco, TX which was >$2.50 a pound.  Better than nothing I guess.  I still don't understand why Coarse or Kosher salt is so expensive and in short supply.  I would like to find some Diamond Crystals myself but, Morton Kosher would be good too.

Still a little surprised about such low availability online.  For example, Walmart and Target around me has nothing except really expensive pink Himalayan salt crystals.  Some Diamond Crystals or Morton's Kosher for $1/lb sounds good right now!

Sid Post

Sid Post

8 hours ago, curls said:

Was at the local Wegmans this week and they had at least three brands of kosher salt -- including Diamond brand.

I found some South of Waco, TX which was >$2.50 a pound.  Better than nothing I guess.  I still don't understand why Coarse or Kosher salt is so expensive and in short supply.  I would like to find some Diamond Crystals myself but, Morton Kosher would be good too.

Still a little surprise about such low availability online.  For example, Walmart and Target around me has nothing except really expensive pink Himalayan salt crystals.  Some Diamond Crystals or Morton's Kosher for $1/lb sounds good right now!

Sid Post

Sid Post

8 hours ago, curls said:

I found some in South of Waco, TX which was >$2.50 a pound.  Better than nothing I guess.  I still don't understand why Coarse or Kosher salt is so expensive and in short supply.  I would like to find some Diamond Crystals myself but, Morton Kosher would be good too.

Still a little surprise about such low availability online.  For example, Walmart and Target around me has nothing except really expensive pink Himalayan salt crystals.  Some Diamond Crystals or Morton's Kosher for $1/lb sounds good right now!

Sid Post

Sid Post

8 hours ago, curls said: