• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Altay.Oro

Altay.Oro

56 minutes ago, porfyra said:

thank u ! i 'll try it out. would u suggest a 1:1 ratio of chocolate to cream if i use dark chocolate (65%) ? 

You're welcome ... I think 1 : 1 with dark chocolate would be very watery to be slabbed even with added cocoa butter ... also its shelf life would be considerably reduced. You may try the standard recipe, 2 : 1 dark chocolate ganache with the other ingredients I mentioned ... but you will need a food processor as it is a fatty ganache you can easily lose emulsion after adding cocoa butter. With dark chocolates, especially with high cocoa content dark chocolates, most of the time, you will end up with a texture between cream and butter ganaches. 55% dark chocolates would be more suitable for the first attempts.

Altay.Oro

Altay.Oro

27 minutes ago, porfyra said:

thank u ! i 'll try it out. would u suggest a 1:1 ratio of chocolate to cream if i use dark chocolate (65%) ? 

You're welcome ... I think 1 : 1 with dark chocolate would be very watery to be slabbed even with added cocoa butter ... also its shelf life would be considerably reduced. You may try the standard recipe, 2 : 1 dark chocolate ganache with the other ingredients I mentioned ... but you will need a food processor as it is a fatty ganache you can easily lose emulsion after adding cocoa butter. Especially with dark chocolate, most of the time, you will end up with a texture between cream and butter ganaches.