• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

cocktails with syrups of flowers.

delights

In France,the syrups of flowers are back in style and ideal to have some ideas of coktail.

Here are a few recipes

The martini violet

you need :

3/4 of martini blanc

1/4 of syrup of violet

1 little piece of lemon

Serve very fresh

In the hotel plaza athénée they created a wonderful coktail

"rouge plaza"

For a cup of champagne of 12cls,serve

2cls of syrup of geranium

4 cls of cullis of red fruit made of strawberries,raspberries and strawberries of the woods

6 cls of champagne 1er cru

a lovely cocktail!

The raspberry poppy dry white wine

This is my own creation:

for a cup of white dry wine of 12 cls,serve in it:

3 cls of poppy syrup

1 table spoon of raspberry jam without seeds.

Serve very fresh

The pastis mimosa

You need 3/4 of alcohol of pastis and 1/4 of syrup of mimosa

The tequilla cornflower

you need

3/5 of tequilla,1/5 of syrup of exotic juices,1/5 of syrup of

corflower.

The lavender dry white whine

you need 3/4 of a dry white wine and 1/4 of syrup of lavender.

I have a passion for these kinds of cocktails and I want it to be shared.

Philippe raynaud

Les d�lices du Net

Les D�lices de Daubenton-Paris

Phillipe, the rouge plaza sounds amazing. :wub:

Where do you get your flower syrups? Is it possible to make them? The only flower-based cooking ingredients I have to hand are candied lilac petals, rose water, and orange flower water. :sad:

Philippe - I had been looking at your syrups on your web-site, thinking they seemed lovely - I especially like the idea of the geranium one - the flavour of geraniums is so wonderful. Have you ever made ice cream or sorbet from it? I have done so from scented geranium leaves in the past, with great results.

Also, in England syrups made from elderflower are very popular and available almost any supermarket - do you know them? I don't remember the French name right now and don't have a dictionary with me but it is a tree/bush which grows wild with clusters of cream blossoms which give a muscat flavour when infused. Later small blackish berries are produced from which wine is traditionally made in England.

Thank you for the ideas. Soon I may be persuaded to make an order from you :wink:

v