• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lemniscate

lemniscate

I tried both a Beyond and Impossible burgers in restaurants a couple or more years ago.  They tasted...ok....but the flavor was like overly processed food.   Not to be too indelicate, both were tough on my digestion also.  So off my list they went.  

I'm a carnivore, but I love a good portobello "burger" and will pick it over beef most times I see one on a menu.   The best veggie burger I ever ate is Houston's/Hillstone version, but you're gonna pay upwards of $27-30 for it.  And worth it.

I just don't think those Beyond/Impossible tasted good enough to draw the carnivores over to them.

lemniscate

lemniscate

I tried both a Beyond and Impossible burgers in restaurants a couple or more years ago.  They tasted...ok....but the flavor was like overly processed food.   Not to be too indelicate, both were tough on my digestion also.  So off my list they went.  

I'm a carnivore, but I love a good portobello "burger" and will pick it over beef most times I see one of a menu.   The best veggie burger I ever ate is Houston's/Hillstone version, but you're gonna pay upwards of $27-30 for it.  And worth it.

I just don't think those Beyond/Impossible tasted good enough to draw the carnivores over to them.