• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gfweb

gfweb

22 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

No idea but braised cabbage sounds like something I would enjoy.  Was this in a restaurant?

Yes. Bardea Steak in Wilmington, DE.  Great place. Nothing like a typical steakhouse eg they do "flights" of steaks from different breeds.  Great food.

Wilmington, by the way, has a few really good restaurants now. Le Cavalier (the redone Green Room in the Hotel duPont) is a modern bistro...Bardea Steak and its older brother Bardea...La Fia...House of William and Merry ( a little outside of town). I could see a weekend eating trip for NY and DC people.

The braising was actually SV in butter followed by a roasting.

I've roasted wedges of red cabbage before...got them nice and caramelized and tender...this was much better

gfweb

gfweb

16 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

No idea but braised cabbage sounds like something I would enjoy.  Was this in a restaurant?

Yes. Bardea Steak in Wilmington, DE.  Great place. Nothing like a typical steakhouse eg they do "flights" of steaks from different breeds.  Great food.

The braising was actually SV in butter followed by a roasting.

I've roasted wedges of red cabbage before...got them nice and caramelized and tender...this was much better