• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"Post-hospital" food

Duvel

I just found this thread. Wow! It sounds like your dad will be on his feet in no time and your mother, too. Too bad she missed out on all the good food. I too have wondered where you were and I missed your posts. Welcome back and I am glad that everything seems to be back on track for you and your parents.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2022 at 10:05 AM, Duvel said:

And because it was Sunday, there was pizza. My parents oven setup is a bit … tricky, so I made a family style salami, ham & mushroom one.

43F48A08-E46B-438D-8812-6087261413C4.thumb.jpeg.1c2726bb311ff6c1ea6fc67719b0f438.jpeg

Happy faces 😜

4B57FC7E-50CF-442E-87D3-BF9FE7007089.thumb.jpeg.255cab29c5bdfe4d3b8adf1bf6cfbe2c.jpeg

Look at that face!!!

@Duvel, as a chronically anemic, meat-at-every-meal person, I am downright inspired over here.  And I'm behind rotuts, if you need more people in the rotation of eaters.  

• Haha 5

• 4 months later...

What an amazingly inspiring thread!  I really enjoyed reading about how you fed your parents back to health.  Husband and I picked up coronavirus from our first restaurant meal in 2 years but being a little younger we were able to recover at home.  We did try to register our positive test results online but the government website told us that it wasn’t interested, no services offered beyond the usual emergency care if needed.

i am sure that in addition to the delicious food prepared for your parents, they were helped by being served on decent (pot) plates and with use of metal cutlery.  Nicely presented food can make all the difference and you are clearly a star on that front.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1