• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

My local bakery (a place I normally avoid) is under the delusion that these are croissants.

croissants.thumb.jpg.722a0c13ac6e1ab1a59804517f1dfe1d.jpg

So, wy did I buy them?

I was intrigued by the description given in the listing which translates as "sea salt French morning bread".

I'm always on the lookout for anything not intolerably sweet from Chinese bakers, so I had to check them out.

They were nicely salty as advertised but nothing like crossants. Salty over spongy bread rolls, more like.

liuzhou

liuzhou

My local bakery (a place I normally avoid) is under the delusion that these are croissants.

croissants.thumb.jpg.722a0c13ac6e1ab1a59804517f1dfe1d.jpg

So, wy did I buy them?

I was intrigued by the description given in the listing which translates as "sea salt French morning bread".

I'm always on the lookout for anything not intolerably sweet from Chinese bakers, so I had to checkthem out.

They were nicely salty as advertised but nothing like crossants. Salty over spongy bread rolls, more like.